Director Nursing & Clinical Research
Research Scientist – Li Ka Shing Knowledge Institute
In her current role at she contributes globally to evolving patient safety science as her program area of research is patient safety. Her work focuses on the generating knowledge on the design and delivery of safer health-care systems. In this interview we talk about the Research Advancing Practice initiative that was start at St Michael’s Hospital to get clinical nurses to start generating research relevant to their areas of practice
- Research and Reflection for RAP artists (2009) The Standard. College of Nurses of Ontario.
- The art and science of caring
- RNAO Leadership Award in Nursing Research – Lianne Jeffs Research Advancing Practice
- Jeffs, L., Smith, O., Wilson, G., Kohn, M., Campbell, H., Maione, M.,
Tregunno, D. & Ferris, E. (in press). Building Knowledge for Safer Care:
Nursing Research Advancing Practice. Journal of Nursing Care Quality.
- Lianne: Have you been involved in a similiar process or program? What are the difficulties, challenges and enablers where you are practicing and how do you bring research to your daily work?
- Rob: Do you see yourself as a researcher, and feel a need to contribute to nursing knowledge? If you hospital offered a program like this would you take part?